Mental Health & Wellbeing
At Cawston Grange Primary School we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well being of all our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and that, at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody's business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand and manage their emotions and feelings
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote good self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and 'dare to be different'
- help children develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum.
For those who may have short term needs or may be vulnerable due to life experiences such as bereavement.
For pupils who need more personalised support or specific therapeutic interventions.
Lead staff members:
Mrs N. Brookes:
- Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Lead
Mrs N. New:
- Family and Child Support
Year 1 Butterflies thought about things which make us happy and sad and also what we can do when we feel sad. We acted a few out on Hello Yellow day 8.10.21
Bounce Back Day November 15th 2019
Children had a lovely day facing many fun challenges and learning about resilience.